Oninaki is an action RPG for Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, and Steam, from the developers of I am Setsuna and Lost Sphear. It tells the story of Kagachi, a Watcher whose duty is to protect Life after Death.
We travel between worlds, rescuing the Lost who have wandered from the path.
You mustn't grieve. Grief fills the dead with regret.
When the dead carry regret they lose their way, and those who are lost cannot be reborn.
And so, we Watchers pray for reincarnation as we carry out our duties.
News[edit | edit source]
- August 22, 2019: Worldwide digital release across Steam, PlayStation4, and Nintendo Switch.
- July 25, 2019: "Exclusive" physical editions of the PlayStation4 and Nintendo Switch versions announced on the Square Enix Store and Play Asia.
- July 23, 2019: A demo is released on all three platforms.
- June 10, 2019: Square Enix shows a release date reveal trailer at E3.
- May 21, 2019: Square Enix releases a Daemon trailer.
- April 24, 2019: Square Enix releases a Character Reveal trailer.
- February 13, 2019: Square Enix releases a trailer announcing the game.
- February 13, 2019: Nintendo announces the game during a Nintendo Direct.